Gluten is not one of the 7 deadly sins

Afet 5 years of chronic pain and wondering why my stomach never felt like it should, I decided to try something on my own. I decided to try and go gluten free. Its been a week now and I FEEL AMAZING!

Being allergic to gluten is terribly annoying now that I have to read the labels of everything and make a lot of my food fram scratch, but it feels SO GOOD to feel better that I can't even see straight. Does anyone else in our family have this? My next question is: does anyone know anyone with this condition so that I can get tips? My high maintanence diet already drives my sister crazy, but this is bound to put her over the top. I have read online that I even have to be careful with chapstick so now I have to research everything.

I even might have a more complicated form of this called celiacs disease, but that means doctors that I don't like and tests that I don't want. For now, I will continue to read up on this diet and update you on the results. Maybe I should have gone to medical school...

Comments

Lesley Miller said…
I have a good friend who has a gluten allergy and it's forced me to pay attention to labels too so that I can cook appropriately when she comes over. I can put you in touch with her if you want!

I've noticed that Trader Joes has a GREAT selection of gluten free food. It stinks that you have the allergy yet wonderful you figured it out. Rachel says they are coming out with more and more gluten free food all the time!
Anonymous said…
Tawny, That's it, we are going to go eat at Trader Joe's when you come visit, my treat. They are certified Gluten FREE! I am so glad you found out what is going on and eating better never hurt anyone...alweoandfaks, oops, I had to lick the chocolate off my finger and had a typo. Being proactive about your health is the best thing you can do! See you soon, Shawna
Anonymous said…
MAN! I was so busy trying to be funny, I wrote the darn wrong thing...I meant to say TAHOE JOES is where we can eat! They are certified gluten free according to a search I did. Take care,
Shawna
PS
When is the Redding Idol results going to be posted!?
Tawny said…
Ha, it sounds like those Joes are popular!! To answer your question: I am waiting for Redding Idol photos and then will ahve them posted asap. It was the freaking best night!!!!!
JenSasser said…
I kinda think it would be funnier if you ate at TRADER Joe's :) Maybe you could just munch through the produce aisle? :) At any rate, ice cream is still a go... or... maybe not :)
Carrie Peeples said…
Hey, email me with the details of your symptoms. I have stomach issues and am always curious about trying something like going off gluten.

Popular Posts