I've started smoking.
My last post referred to the amazing lightning storm that happened on Saturday. While the sight was incredible and something I will never forget, there is a windfall that has happened since. On the day of the storm, you could see the smoke rising from the mountains all around from the strikes, but the effect that the smoke would have on Redding has since reared it's ugly head. We are saturated in smoke, and it looks as if I am back in Modesto on the heavy fog days, except here you can’t breathe. And the smoke comes in thicker at night. Everyone is advised to stay indoors in the air conditioning. Except that our a/c broke at the office yesterday. We are having to work with the windows open just to have air, but trying not to breathe. It’s like camping where you sit downwind from the fire and the smoke stays in your clothes and that’s all you smell the entire trip. Well, I am working sweaty and stinky, but I am working. Yesterday we laughed because I kept taking layers off and pretty soon I said, “I can’t take anymore off and still expect to keep my job.” They laughed and one guy here said, “Hey, I am just keeping your best interest in mind, but feel free to come in a bikini all this week, if that would make you more comfortable.” Gross.
One cool display that is happening is that the sun rises red, (“A red sun rises… blood has been spilt this night." Quick Dad—what movie is this from???) and sets red. It’s really pretty.
One cool display that is happening is that the sun rises red, (“A red sun rises… blood has been spilt this night." Quick Dad—what movie is this from???) and sets red. It’s really pretty.

Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.