The Reinforcements
In the meantime, Cathy has been gone and I anticipated a quiet (read: depressing) weekend. So I sent a strongly worded invitation to my parents asking that they come to visit. To my shock and surprise-- they agreed! It's not that they would not want to come, but there is always something happening in their lives that I figured it would not work out. Secretly I was anxious to show them around town-- like at the end of Monsters Inc., where Boo finally gets back to her room and wants to show Kitty all of her familiar toys.
When they agreed to come, they wanted to make sure that they would actually see me, and I said, "What? I see you all the time! I come to Modesto once a month." To which, they reminded me that I am at the house long enough to drop off my things, then I am out the door again to visit friends.
"Yes," I argued, "but last time I was with you guys a whole three hours before I headed back to Redding."
"Tawny, you were taking a nap."
"Oh yeah."
Well, they came-- they saw-- and I have photos!!!
The other side of the bridge holds this sign, "Rattlesnake Habitat. Watch your step."
...which means that dad took off as fast as possible back over the bridge, which he hated as well because it swayed slightly. We no longer wonder where I get my fear of everything.
Mom was browsing at the mall, which allowed this photo op with Dad.
Saturday night was spent inside watching the Olympics. During a commercial, I tried to train Dad how to hold the camera and take a picture of the 3 of us on the couch. The result was disastrous when he succeeded in only looking dazed or determined. The third time I took over, and would have gotten a good photo, but now Dad just would not cooperate. If I was mean, I would make this photo the subject of a caption contest. If you were mean, you would take the hint and do the contest anyway.
The parents, right before they left, no bags required. (See Bag and Baggage for clarification)
Thanks for visiting Mom & Dad. You fed my body and my heart and laughing came easy. I am now ready for the next 8 months and then we can celebrate here again!



Comments
The first thing I noticed about the photo with you and your Mom was "I didn't think she was that tall! Tawny must be crouching!"
On to the trio photo...what is truly sweet of this one is the way you are leaning on Dad with his arm stretched around you touching bothyou and Mom, with Mom lovingly leaning in for the shot. I could simply imagine that you watched the Olympics like this and it wasn't posed for the shot.
Now on to the face, the Dad face. Caption "Gosh Tawny, this was okay when you were three and I know you are skinny and all but I can't breathe! Get off Dad's tummy!"
And on another note, one caption came to me as a Deja Vu with a shot of you and Zekers "Who farted?" Don't forget, you asked for it!
I can't wait to go home and hug my parents! It is all about Madison these days and we need to remember that we need love too! I am glad to see your smiling face!
Unkie
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.