30 things to do before I am 30!
Welcome to my Birthday Blog! I am 28 today, but it's fine-- it's the new 18. Eexcept that I threw my back out closing my window this morning. Seriously. Perhaps I am not as young as I am in my mind!
I started making a list of goals now called Operation Thirty on my 25th birthday, but have since added to the list. The items in italics are items that I have completed. I realize that my time is limited, seeing that 30 is right around the corner (when did that happen?) and school is going to take up most of this year. At least gives me a list of things to look forward to after graduation. If there are things left to do after I turn 30, I just have to add them to the next list.
1) Get my B.A.
2) Go to Italy with only one backpack
3) Read Pride and Prejudice
4) Live somewhere other than Modesto-- and like it
5) Read the Bible cover to cover
6) Pay a ridiculous amount of money for a well made and quite fashionable handbag
7) Learn German
8) Roll my own sushi
9) Sew a dress that I wear out in public
10) Be on TV
11) See a Broadway show on Broadway
12) Get my nose pierced (see below)
13) Stand up for someone who is unable to stand up for themself
14) Have a newspaper article published
15) Learn to play the keyboard
16) Win a contest!
17) Take an improv class (ha, my spell checker wanted to put "improve". That might be a good idea too :)
18) Become a woman of constant prayer
19) Shoot something
20) Meet Alanis
21) Take an cooking class for entrees
22) Get a dog
23) Record a single
24) Find the love of my life
25) Lose the love of my life
26) Get a job and advance one position higher than I started
27) Take a cruise with my closest girlfriends
28) Find a volleyball league and join the team
29) Be in a local play
30) Fall asleep and get really hilarious sunburn
I started making a list of goals now called Operation Thirty on my 25th birthday, but have since added to the list. The items in italics are items that I have completed. I realize that my time is limited, seeing that 30 is right around the corner (when did that happen?) and school is going to take up most of this year. At least gives me a list of things to look forward to after graduation. If there are things left to do after I turn 30, I just have to add them to the next list.
1) Get my B.A.
2) Go to Italy with only one backpack
3) Read Pride and Prejudice
4) Live somewhere other than Modesto-- and like it
5) Read the Bible cover to cover
6) Pay a ridiculous amount of money for a well made and quite fashionable handbag
7) Learn German
8) Roll my own sushi
9) Sew a dress that I wear out in public
10) Be on TV
11) See a Broadway show on Broadway
12) Get my nose pierced (see below)
13) Stand up for someone who is unable to stand up for themself
14) Have a newspaper article published
15) Learn to play the keyboard
16) Win a contest!
17) Take an improv class (ha, my spell checker wanted to put "improve". That might be a good idea too :)
18) Become a woman of constant prayer
19) Shoot something
20) Meet Alanis
21) Take an cooking class for entrees
22) Get a dog
23) Record a single
24) Find the love of my life
25) Lose the love of my life
26) Get a job and advance one position higher than I started
27) Take a cruise with my closest girlfriends
28) Find a volleyball league and join the team
29) Be in a local play
30) Fall asleep and get really hilarious sunburn
(click on the image to enlarge)
I have been wanting to get my nose pierced since I was 23 and finally got up the nerve. After the summer I had, I figured that there were 2 kinds of pain-- pain that is intentional and pain that is unintentional, but the truth is-- it's all inevitable. Yet--did not hurt at all! It's my birthday present to me. See Mama-- it's tiny and barely noticable!!

Comments
Happy Birthday, my friend, my cousin! I was going to be really good and get a card in the mail to you. Ha! It didn't even happen. Instead, I thought, oh no, it's the 5th, my cell phone bill is due and it's Tawny's birthday.
I can help you with a few things on your list if you will come and visit me. We can sew a dress together and then you can wear it and shoot something here on the farm. My hubby would loan you a gun and show you how to use it so you don't get the rest of a maimed or killed in the process. You could shoot a bird or something. Seriously, come visit soon!
Your Mama
No worries on the piercing! Very brave. I see tattoo didn't make the list!
Other observations: Go to Italy and learn GERMAN? What about go to Germany! Think rosetta stone like Mr. Phelps!
I would take Alysun up on her offer, sounds like fun! Can I go? I can taste the sweet flavor of chocolate laced zucchini already! And berries, oh for the berries....
Good for you for writing them down! You rock!
Also, I too really want to shoot something! A rabbit, a deer, a duck. Something!! Perhaps I can tag along with you to Alysun's house so that I can fulfill your dream with you?
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.