First Day of School

It's the first day of my senior year of college!!! And according to family tradition, a first day photo in front of the house with a schoolbag and lunchpail is a must. Dad requested Hello Kitty and he got it :) The moment after the photo was taken, it became my new make-up case.


It's official-- I had the scariest summer on record. I kind of figured as much, but when we had to stand and tell an "unual story" about our summer in my Advanced Pulic Communication class, I won the invisible prize. Let's see, I said, was it the wisdom teeth removal, or being dumped, or the police sting, hmmm, where to begin? Everyone cracked up when I revealed the obvious fact that I was thrilled that school had started. Even school is no picnic, though. In my first class this morning I SPILLED MY STARBUCKS THAT THEY HAD GOTTEN WRONG!!! (Amanda, I treated myself to one more mocha as an award for making it through the summer). I was in the front row and it bounced and everything!! I offered to be biblical and clean it up with my hair and perfume if it got on anyone. Lucky for me, it was just all over my arm. I used a paper towel.

Next blog (no promises...): 30 things to do before I am 30!

Comments

Aly sun said…
The "first" for everything is hard. Especially when you spill your coffee. It only gets better from here....
Anonymous said…
I's sure your speech was funny enough, but spilling your coffee was hysterical. Only you would make something that could be embarrassing & make everyone laugh WITH you. You crack me up! Thanks for the laugh, Tawners. LOVE the first day of school picture. Wish I could have been there to take the picture but still so proud of you. HAVE A GREAT YEAR!!!!
Love,
Mom
Shawna said…
The first day of a fresh adventure, love the fresh Hello Kitty attitude! The Summer is behind you and you only have a few more days and then 27 will be behind you too! Operation 30 is well underway and only good things are in your future! I really cracked up at not only your story of the Summer, BUT MORE about the fact that you had to go around and say "What I did this Summer" in your college class. It sounded so 4th grade and so fitting with your photo too! It was PERFECT!
Anonymous said…
Hello Kitty....A few years ago that was a Mission Impossible lunchpail !! We are very proud of you. Looking forward to a trip to the "Ding" in April.
Love you
Unkie

Popular Posts