This week was a historic week in our lives, and I have to agree with my communication professor who said, "I hope that history does not remember Barack Obama as the first African-American President, but as a great President." Seeing the glee on so many faces of the American people has been something to behold and I am loving the spirit if the country right now.
I came home from work on Wednesday only to discover Zsa Zsa hiding out in the closet. Jen said that she was looking all over the house for her, only to find her curled up there. I think this was her way to protest Prop 8. When she got up and walked toward me, I yelled, "No...! Don't come out of the closet!!!" So I had a heart to heart with Zsa Zsa, telling her that though she had 3 mommies who loved her, we are very steadily (but only occassionally) in league with the menfolk. Zsa Zsa is getting old enough to know these things. Plus, there's a Jack Russell Terrier up the street who's been eyeing her.
This morning on my way to work, I went to Starbucks for my morning Vivanno (Banana and Chocolate, with 1/2 a shot espresso and 2 pumps of vanilla. It's killer). As I was getting into my car, there was a white Jeep next to me and a lady getting out of the passenger side. She said, "Hi Tawny!" I looked over at her and I promise that I did not know her from Adam. I glanced furtively at the driver, for surely I would be able to put it together then. It was a man in a hunting jacket. Nope, I had no idea who he was either.
By the time I glanced back at her, she was slowly getting out of the car with her foot in a cast. "Hey.... you!" (I was desperate for a reference and was thinking of every place I had been in Redding in 10 months).
She said, "I got hit head on in my brand new Jeep last week. We only had it for 3 weeks. Can you believe that?"
[Put coffee drink down. It gave me this time I needed to decide that I was going to have to be the worlds best pseudo-psychic, having to speak in glittering generalities about her life from all the information I have just gathered in 10 seconds.]
Me: "Wow! No??! Your new Jeep, really? It sure seems like you have been going through some rough times lately."
Stranger: "Tell me about it! I'm just so glad that my daughter Jesse wasn't hurt. She was in the car with me at the time."
[My mind is now processing 'Jesse' and I quickly compute that that name means nothing in this puzzle].
Me: "Whoa boy. (Glance at man) I'm just so glad that you have someone to take care of you through this. Take it slow and easy, ok???"
Stranger: "Yeah, I will. Have a good day!"
Me: "You too!" [now wondering if I wasn't the one in a head on collision].
Comments
Let me know if it doesn't work and I will send you some.
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.