Gone But Not Forgotten

My good friend Shawna Dean made a lovely designed tribute to Zeke and sent to me along with a beautiful card last month. The poem was adapted from one she found online and she snagged one of the many (thousands) photos that I had up of Zeke. It's helped so much on my path of healing (denial has also helped, but that's just bad way of dealing with grief that's sure to resurface at a later date...). If you ever lost a pet you loved, I'm sorry-- this will probably make you cry.

Despite the loss, I am so richly blessed.
(click to enlarge)

Comments

Aly sun said…
That was really touching. Beautiful work by a dear friend who understands.
Anonymous said…
And of course I never ever read your blog unless you write something funny about our parents and then I happen to click on this one. Thank you to the author/creator of this poem. Zeke was a dream of a K-9 and I will never have a better partner (just one that hopefully smells better haha). He protected me on the streets and did the same in his retirement with the fam. I have yet to read the blog about his passing but this one was definately worth the read. When the day comes and we enter heaven give Zeke a pat on the head as you pass through the gates...I can't think of a better place for him to be standing guard.

Your bro...Mick

Popular Posts