Caffeine and the College Experience

Please forgive me if I spell anything wrong in this blog. I am currently shaking out of my skin, hyped up on caffeine and sugar in the form of blended starbucks goodness. I am finding this semester to be the hardest of my previous two because there is so much more demanding my attention. Therefore, coffee is a must. However, once the coffee is consumed, there seems to be an infinite amount of energy to burn before I can even think about sleeping during the night. Once I finally do get to sleep, my alarm seems to ring immediately and once again I need coffee to function.

Today I found it ironic that I am getting coffee to hype me up and then I go and come to a complete stop in class while I sit and take notes. Meanwhile, my heart is racing like it's going to beat out of my chest. Mondays are the hardest. I have school from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm, with a three hour break around dinner time.

Today, to expend energy, I doodled in my notebook and came up with all of the words my full name made. The top ones were: Berry, Yawn, Table, Barter, Angel (I knew it!), Regal, Gnat, Tangle, and Renewal. I was even frustrated that I am one c away from "Tabernacle." Even funnier in my next class I googled anagrams and there was a generator that would turn my name into its very own anagram! It turns out that Tawn Angela LaBarbera translates to: Large, able wart banana. Yep, this is what the school loans that I will have for the next 30 years have boiled down to. I think I just found the downer to counteract the caffeine...

Seriously, I have to go for a jog. Does anyone know what a heart attack feels like? I have a few guesses...

Comments

Anonymous said…
i personally don't know what a heart attack feels like but you can ask stanley..... and all because of dwight's fire drill!! Do I need to email your professors to take away your computer during class so you can't google your name? You are too much... and by the way, it's totally cheating to make "angel" out of your name because it's only dropping one letter.... just thought i would point that out... that's what sisters are for!!
Amanda said…
Um, why wasn't the title of your blog "Large, able wart banana"?!?!?! That would have been WAY better than misspelled caffine...
Tawny said…
Refer to sentence #1 of the post to cover embarrassing misspellings. I totally went for a jog. And I'll still be up until midnight...
Anonymous said…
I went to your anagram generator and here is what I found when I input Uncle Leon LaBarbera; Clean Unable Laborer, must know where I work. When I input my name here is what I got; Heaven-born, nasty, able rat. Surprise !! This generator must really know me !! Thanks for sharing.
Uncle Nasty or Able Rat ?
Aly sun said…
I don't want to be around when you try to get off that nasty caffeine addiction. Yours truly, "Really and up eliteness"
Anonymous said…
Have you forgotten the heart Doctor appts when you were in High School because of drinking too much Pepsi? I haven't! Please take it easy on the caffeine...ok?!!

Love you,
Mom

Popular Posts