My Knight On A White Horse Turned Out To Be My Mom In A Teal Grand Am
Exactly a week ago, I needed rescuing. When visiting Modesto, my life is normally in chaos because things aren't where they normally are, so it gets me into trouble. Last Wednesday, I was on my way to pick up coffee for Laura so that she would have something to ccupying her hands while I held Tommy. Well, I grabbed my purse and everything I needed for the day and ran out the door, locking th doorknob on my way out. Once outside, I fished for me keys so I could lock the deadbolt. Fish- fish- no keys. I turned to my car that I could no enter and back to the house I could not enter, and I flashed back to the 15-year old girl that once stood at this very spot wondering what to do. Luckily for me, this girl-turned woman now had a cell phone. I let Laura know that I would be later than expected and called mom to see if she could leave work and come to me. She was there is 7 minutes flat. I was delighted to see her drive up, and ever-so -effortlessly take out her keys to open the door. My keys were right next to my purse, I just did not see them. I was back on track in no time, but no before snapping this photo of my rescuer. My hero!
Speaking of Mama, she is coming to Redding to see my play this Saturday! Also attending will be Cousin Kevin and his Girlfriend Christine (I've heard enough to give her rave reviews already, but I can't wait to meet her), and Uncle Loyal and Aunt Carol. I'm kinda nervous, but last night went very well so I am optimistic about Saturday.
True to form , Dad sent me a Sudoku this morning: 'Here is your 'Post-Opening Night, Waiting For My Tony Nomination' SUKOKU."
Still waiting...

Comments
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.