How Many Clowns is too Many Clowns?

I still can't believe I am leaving. The biggest reason that it has not hit me yet is because there is so much to do before I even get to pack. This is why there are still boxes in my back seat that Elise, my coworker, gave me to use. Because of lack of time and energy, the left boxes are how my Starbucks ladies found out that I was leaving. They saw the boxes and got worked into a tizzy when told them the plan. I mean these ladies have been with me through SO much. It's comforting and possibly sad when you go to Starbucks so often that they now send me off everyday with, "make sure you don't leave without saying goodbye." I think they're only sad that I am leaving because I single-handedly keep them in business :) Actually I think it's just the beauty of a small town. There is no getting lost in the crowd. I love and hate Redding for that reason.

Why and I so busy this summer? Well, besides work, I am freelancing some graphic design work and and I am doing some weddings on the side (NOT my own. Just wanted to clear up any confusion). Julie will be getting married next Saturday and I am doing her hair and makeup and possibly her mom and bridesmaids as well. This was from her trial run on Tuesday. I did her hair right after but I did not want to reveal the full ensemble prior to the big day. We were both pleased with the outcome, which is a huge weight off of my amateur shoulders. Isn't she lovely?? (I told her it helps a lot when you are beautiful to begin with!)

Also, there is a TON to do at work before leaving. There are many projects that I want to see through to completion. I just love my job at the University. As a designer, I don't talk to many people--I come in, put on my ipod, and design away. But, there are a handful of friends at work, so when I announced that I was leaving, I stressed "NO PARTIES." I'm not good at goodbyes so I did not want an uncomfortable deal where everyone is looking at me to entertain them-- because I will inevitably say something stupid and yes, be quite entertaining.

Knowing this, my boss, Josh, who is quite funny in the dry, deadpan sort-of way, sent me the following e-mail:

"Rachael, Elise and I are working on your going away celebration and we had a few questions for you. How much do you love iHop? Do you have any farm animal allergies? And how many clowns is too many clowns?"

While the office giggled, I wasted no time in replying.

"iHop is…. nice. A lot of carbs there at the iHop. No matter, I’ll just eat the strawberries off the someone’s waffle.

No farm animal allergies that I know of, though I have an aversion to chickens. There was this childhood incident that had to do with a chicken, a bicycle, and a roll of duct tape. Very serious, indeed.

Lastly and most importantly: ANY clown is too many clowns."

Not the most professional correspondence by any means, but when I should have sent him was this video. It just about says it all.



Comments

Aly sun said…
Too funny. You know you are loved when "You are leaving!" means IHOP. I agree with you on the clown thing.
Jasmine said…
Julie looks Amazing!! You did a great job (but yes, she is gorgeous to start with).
Shawna said…
The first thing I decided to comment was from the title before I had read ANY text....
ONE clown is too many clowns...even the mention of clowns is too many! HAHAHA

I feel so old, when I read "iHOP" I didn't think of IHOP, I thought it must be some sort of iTunes things for Hip Hop. Now don't I feel like a ding dong?!

I hope they throw you a great big bash with a spot light and podium!

SPEECH SPEECH SPEECH! What's their number? I will be sure to call and let them know just how disappointed you will be without the fanfare!
your such a super dork- i love it...why didnt you blog about the little errand Josh sent us on?? ; )

Popular Posts