Slow Weekends; Warp-Speed Weeks

When you work 5 days a weeks, then weekends are a breath of fresh air. When you trying to break into the working world, weekends are the dreaded couple of days where the possibility of a job comes to a screeching halt. However, there are great things happening in that department and hopefully I'll have more news for you soon.

Though, weekends in Concord are great because Diana is off of work. I have my friend back. So, I monopolize her time as much as humanly possible. Ice cream and DVD's are on the to-do list. At one point, Di said "I only have one day off a week-- I have to clean!" I offered to help because-- what else am I going to do? She finally finally let me dust, and I was handed a sock and some spray. I have used an old t-shirt before, but I wrinkled my nose at the sock. I was going to dust while holding it, and then Di showed me the proper way to get all the crevices-- to put it on my hand like a puppet. Look at this face. See why we're friends??
Speaking of friends, Lindsay from Tracy came to visit me on Monday. She brought her son, Elijah, and he was such a good boy all day, laughing and smiling with us. Except for this photo, of course. He's 6 weeks older than Tommy, so he made me miss the nephew. It was so nice to have company in my cottage. "It's bigger than I pictured!" Lindsay said. We were both so glad for time to catch up.
After this week, my cottage is complete! Here is the dresser:

My new bed minus new bedding. It's a work in progress, but it's soooo. oooo. o. comfortable. As I was unwrapping it, I sang, "Happy Graduation to me. Happy Graduation to me..."

Which is probably why I got distracted. When the mattress teetered, I panicked and grabbed it. Problem is, the box cutters that I used to cut the plastic from the mattress got in the way and I grabbed the box cutters instead. It's a nasty jagged cut, and it needed 2 stitches. See? My emergency room visit was not in vain. Thank God that Di's husband Jason was around-- he took me to the ER while Di was on the speaker phone keeping me calm. I've never almost fainted before. Good thing I did not become a nurse like I wanted to when I was 5.
I give this blog one thumb up.

Comments

Diana said…
I'll give you the other thumb up...what are besties for :)
Rachael Martinez said…
love the dresser- where is it from. Sorry about your poor thumb =(
Bestie said…
Have I mentioned that the look on my face is ridiculous and a bit frightening?!

Popular Posts