The Stu-Stu-Studio. It's Home Now!

I moved into the the studio cottage a week ago today, and I accomplished my goal of unpacking in a week. Woot. For a reference, the before photos are here. And here is my place today:


My Office.

My Powder Room. (and yes, I know I need a dresser. More on that soon...)

My Bedroom. That mirror from Ikea was a fabulous find. Now I seem to reside in almost 400 square feet. Also, once my bed arrives, I'll move those storage boxes underneath (right now I am sleeping in a trundle bed, so that means no storage space). Mom and Dad bought me a queen-sized bed for graduation, so I don't know what I am going to do with so much leg room! (before living at Cathy's, I slept on a twin all my life. I have no idea how I did that.)

My Workout Room.

My Walk-In/Around Closet. I am particularly proud of finding the crates that achieved this look of a faux dresser. The curtain is hiding pesky things like books, dvd's and shoes. You can see my utility room off to the right.
My kitchenette, including most major appliances (the dishwasher is behind the camera.)

I'll bet your kitchen is not this open. But... it grosses me out. I'm on the lookout for something that will cover the silverware.

My mini fridge/freezer combo.

Food is optional.

It's not many places that you'll see a toothbrush in the kitchen. But any sink-- with elbow room-- is a good sink.

This corner is not doing much at the moment.

Yet... I'm getting a dresser soon! It's called a lingerie dresser, and that just means that it's mini-sized, but taller, so it will fit perfectly (no, Mom and Dad, I don't have any lingerie to put inside). I'm having a hard time figuring out where to put my dirty laundry. The squiggly line is where I am thinking that I might have to put the basket.

I actually love my bathroom. I still need to get a different piece of fabric to cover the "storage shelf" (top left), but it will all soon match perfectly... except for the gold towel hangers. I'll use those for headbands.

Behind the door is my beauty supply arsenal. Hey, it takes work.

And, sadly, this is the current state of my closet. Not organized, color-coded, nor separated so that the items don't wrinkle one another. I am in desperate need of closet help. This morning I saw an infomercial for "Wonder Hangers" and think that might be my answer. If I saw it on TV, Walgreens should have them, right?

Well, there you have it. It feels really good. Now I am bored. What's my next project?? Oh yeah, back to the job hunt.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You did a great job with the space you have....so proud of you! It looks darling.
Love,
Mom
Aly sun said…
That space is quite compact! You need a screen to cover up the back of that computer. Check out Ross and TJ Maxx. They are good for that sort of thing. If it were me, I would fashion something with a tension rod and a curtain, but I didn't see your sewing machine set up anywhere.
Amanda said…
It looks great! And by the way, it's called a chiffonier (make sure you say it with a french accent), not a lingerie dresser!
Lesley said…
Nice new place! it's adorable. :) Congratulations to you. We'll have to stop by sometime and see it!
Shawna said…
Nice to see you blogging again, I wish I could get motivated to do so!

Looks like you need a new larger photo holder! It was fun to enlarge it and see that you are surrounding yourself with loved ones!

I can't get over the TINY fridge, I always wondered who bought those tiny sodas!

The wonder hangers sound like they would work out. Isn't that funny how Walgreen's has the 'as seen on tv' stuff. Rick's Christmas had a Walgreen's theme, he got an Ov'Glove and some Aqua Globes as jokes. Funny thing was, he loved them both!

I had to read the 'gold towel hanger' part three times to understand how you were going to get it on your head to use as a headband before I realized what you meant. Hey it's late for this old gal!

It is adorable and you can make ANYPLACE home! Can I start calling you Snow White?
Bestie said…
It looks amazing! I can't believe how much it's changed since I saw it on Sunday! The mirror was a great find. Shower curtain looks great too.
Choco Girl said…
You did a really good job in creating your space! I also live in a studio which actually could be a small one bedroom apartment and I love it!
Kari said…
Your little place is so stinkin' cute! Love what you've done with it! =)

Popular Posts