Sunny Saturday

I got to spend Saturday with my favorite one year old ( I'm scanning my one-year-old database. I think that's safe to say...) Tommy was eating when I arrived. He wanted to share something mushy and slimy. No, thanks. I, uhhhh, just ate.
The whole family was slated to caravan to the West side of town, when the Ulm's 60th wedding anniversary party was taking place. The Ulm's are Aunt Debbie's parents. Well, Mick and Dad were at a baseball game (Mick is coaching) and so we waited at Mick and Laura's before heading over. It was an easy wait-- we had the cutest entertainment this side of the Mississippi. Mikey knows exactly what to do to crack Tommy up!
Mick and Dad made it and we hurried to the party. It was brighter outside than we all expected.
Most of the people were inside, but we had the little ones outside to stretch their legs. Look at that boy go! His Mickey shirt is custom designed by yours truly and it says, "Like Father, Like Son."
Laura wasn't paying attention and it turns out that Grandpa needed a sitter. He was feeding Tommy chocolate cupcake! What the? Do they not remember their own parenting rules this side of 30 years ago?
The offending cake. Boy that looks good.
I finally got a photo with my little man. He knew to smile as soon as that red light flashed, and then he wanted to see the photo as soon as I took it. Kids these days!

Comments

Aly sun said…
Yep, nephews can you "favorites" even if there are other 1 year olds in the queue. Tommy is a cutie. I also think it is so odd that grandparents seem to blank on the parenting basics when their grandkids come into question. Dessert for lunch, no naps, late bedtimes... it's all good.
Anonymous said…
He gets more precious every day!

His Grandma

Popular Posts