The Boys Love Me. Well, If They Are Under 2....

Cathy came to visit on Friday for the night before heading off to her friends house on Saturday. It was so nice to have her over and to catch up.

When she set up her bed, Sophie planted herself on it and decided that she was sleeping with Mama Cathy that night. Poor Mama Cathy!

It couldn't have been too bad if they were still close on Saturday morning.

This picture cracks me up-- look at those ears!

On the way into Modesto, I mentioned to Cathy that I had never been to Modesto's Farmers Market and had always wanted to go. She said "pull over." So we walked the market and ate 2nd breakfast (croissants.)

It was as pretty as I imagined it would be.

After Cathy left, I had to get ready for a BBQ that my friend and co-worker Christine invited me to. I missed the early softball game, but made it to dinner. It was Christine's 29th Birthday! (here with her husband Matt)

Here with my friend Kevin. Yes, FRIEND.

Sunday morning, we met at Old Mill Cafe in town because our usual place was closed. Tommy was cranky so I grabbed a slice of bread and it kept him quiet for a good 15 minutes.
For some reason, that morning I was starving. Ravenous. I ordered a couple of sides to try not to eat too much, but I should have just ordered a healthy *larger* meal. Mallory couldn't finish her potatoes, so "Here, let me eat them." Laura couldn't finish her french toast, "Hand it over, Laura." Tommy saw me collecting food from the rest of the table and offered up his bread:

Sunday night, I got to hang with another coworker, Michelle, and her 6 month old son, Miller. I stayed the night with them so that I could take the nighttime feedings and let Michelle get some much-needed sleep. Not that it was work-- this is the smile that I got often and right before I left I got a good 10 minutes of giggles from him!

From there I drove straight to Mom & Dads, where Mallory, Sophie, and Tommy were all waiting for me, and Mick and Laura were at the movies. Mal graciously agreed to watch Soph the night previously and brought her along for the Memorial Day BBQ (and reunion). While Tommy was napping, we watched The Blind Side and I cried. Again.

Around 4:00 it was time to fire up the grill. "What are you doing out there, Grandpa?"
I've titled this photo: "Which one of us has been working out?" (Their faces are hilarious).

After dinner, Tommy was as cranky and as sticky as all get out. Mom wanted to bathe him so that Laura didn't have to that night, but she didn't have any extra clothes at the house. Well, Mom got creative and found one of Mick's old shirts and he ran around in it the rest of the night. I've never seen anything cuter.
Case in point.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't think it's possible that kid to get any cuter!!! I want him to walk around in just t-shirts all the time so I can numb him! If they next kid is this stinkin cute ( and I'm sure she/he will be) we are sooo in trouble!
Anonymous said…
I knew I kept Mick's old shirts for a reason! What a cutey.... I can hardly stand it.
His Grandma
Anonymous said…
I think dad's sudoku today is exactly right. Go dad! :-)
Tawny said…
Hmmm, I might have to stop allowing anonymous comments. You never know what some people might say.

Popular Posts