Go to Your House
Training Sophie is always a work in progress, but sometimes I see a glimmer of hope that she's getting it. When I get ready in the mornings, Sophie always looks for a clue to let her know what kind of day it is: it's either a work day and she has to go into her house, or it's a day where she gets to come with me somewhere (usually to Grandma and Grandpa's). Well, 2 weeks ago when I had to fly to Monterey for work, she saw me packing a bag, which usually means she gets to leave too. I didn't want her to get her hopes up: "No, Sophie, you have to go to your house." I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth, and when I walked out this precious sight greeted me. She had gone into her house! She knew what that meant and went there and waited, without being coaxed by a treat.
What a good girl.
What a good girl.
Next blog: The flight to Monterey in the mini-van with wings.


Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.