Still Looking

I thought that it would be easy to spot the place for me when I saw. I thought it would be obvious:


My Realtor is thrilled that I know exactly what I want, but that means waiting for it. So, alas, I am now in a housing holding pattern. This week, Sophie and I will end up on Mom and Dad's doorstep until just the right place surfaces. And thank God that my parents are so willingly to have us for the time being. I appreciate them so much. And I know it sounds crazy, but this year with Mallory has been a blast and I'm going to miss Manteca life more than I can say. The reservations that I had a year ago about moving in with Mallory have dissolved and now any night that I might have to spend alone is way too quiet. I'm usually ready to leave somewhere when my time is up, but I put down emotional roots here.

I figure that God is asking me to give up the good so that He can give me the best. There is a house out there for me and Sophie and I trust this plan. I might shed a tear or two, but maybe that just means that I'm getting sappier as I'm getting older.

Comments

Shawna said…
Not sappier with old age, but more likely caring less about what people think when you shed a tear. That is a good thing!
Aly sun said…
I've got an extra room... but it sounds like your mom and dad's is the place to be. Did I hear something banana muffins?

Can't wait to see where the road takes you.
good luck on your house hunt! Glad we aren't the only one's living at home :)

Popular Posts