It's Not Exactly David and Goliath....
...But thanks to all of you, we won this battle! (Mallory, I believe that the clip you are looking for is here at around 8:15).
On Friday, 9/10, the owner of the Purple Orchid Inn Resort & Spa, Kaushik, called me on my way to work. He was quite friendly. He said that he had read my letter, and had to asked his staff to let him handle it because everyone was so "emotionally involved." I told him that I sensed a wealth of emotion in the letter back from them and didn't understand why they made it about them. It was my group, my celebration, and our cash that got us in the door in the first place, so why was the response so personal? I suspect they were pretty defensive when they realized they did such a poor job and couldn't rationally defend why. Anyway, the owner asked me what it would take for this to be corrected. I was fair and asked only for the cash back mentioned in the e-mail. He affirmed my situation and treated me like a fair and rational human being- and offered to credit my account that day. Also, he said that a $75 gift certificate would be waiting for me whenever I wanted to come back and try again (come back to be touched by the same staff angry with me? I don't think so! It's too bad because my facial girl was great.)
I told him that if all of his staff was like him, then he would thrive in the hospitality business. I still wish I had the chance to do the day over again, but at least they made the proper amends. Thank you, Kaushik.
In the meantime, I'll remember back to sunshine, friendships, and mimosas (which was a HUGE highlight of my day, Auntie!) and will finally be at peace. Now I get to look forward to the next reason to celebrate, which as far as I'm concerned is going to be Thursday, when my huge work project is over.
On Friday, 9/10, the owner of the Purple Orchid Inn Resort & Spa, Kaushik, called me on my way to work. He was quite friendly. He said that he had read my letter, and had to asked his staff to let him handle it because everyone was so "emotionally involved." I told him that I sensed a wealth of emotion in the letter back from them and didn't understand why they made it about them. It was my group, my celebration, and our cash that got us in the door in the first place, so why was the response so personal? I suspect they were pretty defensive when they realized they did such a poor job and couldn't rationally defend why. Anyway, the owner asked me what it would take for this to be corrected. I was fair and asked only for the cash back mentioned in the e-mail. He affirmed my situation and treated me like a fair and rational human being- and offered to credit my account that day. Also, he said that a $75 gift certificate would be waiting for me whenever I wanted to come back and try again (come back to be touched by the same staff angry with me? I don't think so! It's too bad because my facial girl was great.)
I told him that if all of his staff was like him, then he would thrive in the hospitality business. I still wish I had the chance to do the day over again, but at least they made the proper amends. Thank you, Kaushik.
In the meantime, I'll remember back to sunshine, friendships, and mimosas (which was a HUGE highlight of my day, Auntie!) and will finally be at peace. Now I get to look forward to the next reason to celebrate, which as far as I'm concerned is going to be Thursday, when my huge work project is over.

Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.