Kissing My 20's Goodbye!
Saturday was party day and I had been planning this for 4 months. My friends and family were gracious enough to let me have a day of their labor day weekend this year to celebrate and get wild and crazy and-- oh wait, no-- I decided against that. Instead we choose a spa where I wanted a pool, a massage, and a nap in the sunshine. While you already know that I received less than I expected, I was thrilled that I had nine ladies with me that day for back-up support and encouragement. Along for the ride were: Mom, Mallory, Aunt Debbie, friends Shawna, Diana, Victoria, Lindsay and coworkers Christine and Michelle. The setting was pretty at least.
I'm bummed that I didn't get more photos: I accidentally packed my camera charger in the move, so I had to rely on other cameras. Here's the LaB girls for a rare photo without make-up:
I'm bummed that I didn't get more photos: I accidentally packed my camera charger in the move, so I had to rely on other cameras. Here's the LaB girls for a rare photo without make-up:

In the very cold pool with Victoria. We got a little sun in the afternoon. Note: Top left corner = mean girls.
After the morning was over, I was greasy and sweating and exhausted from disappointment. a few of us went to Shawna's mom's house to get ready for dinner that night and I got the stone shower with the double shower heads. Have you ever had a memorable shower? Yeah, buddy, I certainly did that evening. I think I even sang in there-- GREAT acoustics. Anyway, then it was dress-up time.
Di is straightening her stunning hair while towels try to cool her skin. Sorry to say it, but she looks more Barbiesque than ever with the shiny skin :)

Dinner at Dewz was, in a word, fabulous. Joining us to eat were friends Amanda and Mira and sister-in-law Laura. We were now a group of 13 and my heart was overflowing with joy. Dinner took awhile there, as expected, but that gave us some really good time to talk. I loved laughing with all of you! Dessert was taking forever because we ordered that Bananas Foster and they make it there at your table (they gave us a choice of cherries, strawberries or bananas. Like someone said that night, can you have bananas foster with any other fruit?) Since it took so long, Mom, Auntie, Laura, and Michelle all headed home to go see to little babies (and a couple big ones). I'm quite sad that they didn't get into any photos. *Corny warning:* you're all in my heart photos where I get to see them all the time.
Dessert was amazing.

My mom frowned at my dress when she saw it, so it's only fair to say that Mama didn't support, nor condone, my outfit of choice. With good reason. Grandma used to always make clothes for Mom and her siblings, so if a dress was too low or too short, Grandpa would say, "Add a ruffle to it!"
This outfit needed a ruffle. Or two.

These ladies know how to Dewz it!
(Thanks for risking your life to take this, Aaron Draper, of Aaron Draper photography, who happened to show up at just the right time).The next day (actual birthday) was really quiet and I got to go to church, clean, organize and nap a little. Later on, Mallory and I went to karaoke with Evan, Enrique, and Angelo. There's that name again... odd.

Many thanks to everyone who helped me usher in my 30's with distractions and laughter. This is just going to be a great beginning to a new, vibrant life. I think I was born 30. Wait.
And, oh yes, I rented the gold dress: www.renttherunway.com.
It was easy and I loved it. Next time though, I'll ask for extra fabric.
And, oh yes, I rented the gold dress: www.renttherunway.com.
It was easy and I loved it. Next time though, I'll ask for extra fabric.












Comments
If you ever up my way... stop in!
Also, thanks for the tip on rent the runway.. good to know it can be worth it!
-Jazz
I am having a 30th birthday bash with friends and family and it's 80s themed! Woohoo. Love 1980! And I enjoy making those I love dress up in obnoxious costumes.
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.