A Christmas Tale
I'll start with the mushy stuff, because I am pretty sure that is why you are on here to begin with. Well, that and to check in my with niece, nephews, and Sophie, but this blog won't disappoint in those areas either. Ryan and I knew each other for 18 days before he flew to Iowa to be with his family for Christmas. We went on 8 dates in those 18 days, including a Christmas Church service, an afternoon in Concord in the pouring rain, and lovely holiday dinner last Tuesday night at Diana and Jason's
(V, apron'd, and Di, trying on a dress that she bought, shown here):
But, now I am getting ahead of myself. The story of the LaBarbera Christmas began the night before this. On Christmas Eve, Mallory got to hold Maura:
I think I am saying "Oh, no reason to cry, little one. I'll protect you from your mean Aunt."
Then I got my own chance to have her asleep in my arms, which is not hard to do. That girl knows how it's done. Maybe she's depressed over not getting a house yet as well...
Tommy and Grandpa (matching) playing with blocks.
We tried to get a sister's picture, but what we got was a sister's, uncle, and nephew picture.
Take Two. DANG IT UNCLE STEVE!!!
Maybe the hat will help block them out. Oh, Auntie, why are you encouraging this?
Unkie looks like The Grinch.
Tommy got the hang of opening presents already.
And boy was this truck fun!
Oh good, it makes noise. Peeerfect!
Look at my heartbreaker nephew. This is one cool kid. He accepts gift certificates and any clothes his aunts buy him extremely graciously.
....And then Tommy came out from his bath, looking like he just escaped from North Pole Prison.
You're the cutest elf I know. Ho, ho ho!
Family photo.
Dad and I tested the camera out.
Then Mallory joined in.
Now Mikey.
Take out Dad, put in Mom. Cue Tawny's pirate eye in 3, 2, 1...
Much better. "Stop winking at your Father, dear."
Christmas morning-- Sophie was a goner as soon as we spied the mistletoe.
She thought the bows were her chew toys. Saved a ton on gifts this year.
Maybe she was mad because I tried to make her pose for just one embarrassing photo. I didn't really work.
Tommy, still in his Waldo get-up, loved his present from Auntie Mallory: A vacuum cleaner! (hint: he didn't get that from his father...)
Tickle Me Elmo was a close second. Well, until we made Elmo seize on the floor and had to revive him... now Tommy is not so sure.
Thanks for the bat and ball, Grandpa Tom. Laura wants a lifetime window replacement guarantee.
Tommy's kept calling Rex his "Rar!" It was so cute when he tried to feed his chicken dino-bites to Rar.
And finally Sophie got a Christmas Card from Roxy Dean in the mail today, and loves it! Upon looking over my shoulder, she has falling asleep on top of it, guarding it with her life.
I was a wonderful, quiet, low-key time with my family and I will cherish the memories. We rejoiced that our Savior had been born and He loves those that He came to save. Even those in Iowa!








Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.