Thrive by 35

I like making lists and I like having things to do. Win-win. Writing this particular blog helps me start in a new direction, refocus, and work to get it done. The last time I sat down to write goals and ambitions for my future, I wrote a list of 30 things, many that I cast aside after graduating college. Some were silly goals, some were overly ambitious, and some were omitted (I forgot to wish for a house)! I'm just going to list until I can't think of anymore.

1) Write an article that's published in a major magazine
2) Stand up for someone who is unable to stand up for themselves
3) Get at least 3 group exercise certifications
4) Be a good friend 
5) Embrace the fact that I hate talking on the phone and meet more people face-to-face 
6) Take business/finance classes at the JC
7) Be there when Mikey, Tommy, and Maura need me
8) Sing on a stage 
9) Do something to benefit someone else that doesn't cost any money
10) Finish the Beth Moore Bible Study "A Heart like His"
11) Have my blog read in 50 countries
12) Train Sophie to stop jumping up onto people
13) Join an improv comedy group 
14) Be misunderstood by a stranger and don't try to fix it
15) Start my own business
16) Find a way to properly thank my parents 
17) Take an irrational risk just because love told me to
17.5) Never say that again

There, that's half of 35 so I can stop without my OCD acting up. There are some tall orders in there. I better get moving on some of these. Until then, please forward this blog on to your friends overseas to help me with #11. Auf wiedersehen!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Let me know when you figure out a way to thank your parents properly because I never did! You're such a great daughter & you continually show/tell us your appreciation for all we do.
Love you,
Mom
Victoria P said…
RIPPED = 1/3 of #3 done!

Popular Posts