Follow the Love.
Andy and I have know each other for 4 months tomorrow. It's been the shortest real time/longest relational time I have ever experienced. For those wondering where I have been when not in Virginia, Pebble Beach, or Chicago, I have been talking to a man who not only bring my heart so much joy, but who challenges me and surprises me. It wasn't a decision that we made lightly, but we've decided to shorten the distance between our worlds...
That's right-- I'm moving to South Dakota. Rapid City to be exact. I secured a place a week ago that he checked out for me. I'll be an hour from Andy but closer to work possibilities. Andy is months away from his Architect's license and is going to be a first-time Uncle in March. He really should stay closer to his family. I'm at a point where I am looking for a change in career (speaking of, my current job doesn't know yet so be careful who you tell. Please just give me 7 more days...) and it can't wait any longer. I don't have a job there yet, but I have been watching it for 3 weeks and a lot of positions have come up that I'd qualify for. A few things need to fall into place first, but the plan is to leave 2 days after Thanksgiving. Andy will be here to celebrate with my family and then will help drive me back. Until then, my main focus is renting the condo or my room, and that's a big deal that's been devoted to much prayer.
A and I are serious about getting to know one another more, and I am serious about launching my writing career. Hopefully the won't-want-to-go-out-of-the-house-in-winter will help launch my plans.
I'm THRILLED with the thought of this adventure and nervous at the same time. I know all that I leave behind and my heart is sad to be so far away, but I also see this as a journey that you will all take with me as I chart the details and stories as only a California Girl in South Dakota can. Sophie's coming with me, even if she is the only thing that I bring. She's excited about the 2 boxers we'll be living with. Friends!
Andy and I have chosen a verse for this new step and I pray that you will be as excited as we are. I love him and would like nothing more than to be closer to support the last stages of his goals. Maybe it will be my turn the next time...
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.- Proverbs 16:9
Thank you for your support and opinions-- but mostly for your support :) I love you all.

Comments
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.