I'm Really Good at Multi-Taski... Wait, Where Was I Going With This?
It hit me this weekend that I am working 4 jobs. Four. I
have a tons of plates spinning right now and I am determined to keep my head
above water. Case in point: yesterday I worked for 8 hours, went straight to
teach Zumba --loved seeing my friends-- came home and cleaned the bathroom, then
finished the final draft of the brochure that I was hired (freelance) to create
last week. Tonight I have to make the Canadian version of the brochure and after
that I can sigh and breathe a prayer of thanksgiving that fully getting back in
my feet is just around the horizon.
On top of all that, I have been looking for a waitressing
job and have applied a few places and will try Chili’s today (What? I
might get to work in greasy-food wonderland?). Since the college job turns
part-time in June, this will help supplement the transition. As most of you
know, I also started writing for the Modesto Bee again (view the latest article here), and hopefully that will
keep me socially involved enough to be able to write community-relevant
stories. It has not been easy, but I am in the best/worst place of my life. I
love where God has me, fully depending on Him from day to day. Now, I claimed that I left SD without any
baggage, which is true, but I did leave with a drive that is fueling me to succeed/thrive/take
over the world. I’m fully living and appreciating where I have landed because I
feel safer emotionally here, surrounded by those I love. Shawna’s at one job.
Victoria’s at another. Jeanine is at home. Mick’s family and my folks are
short drive away (case in point: I got to honk as I passed by my Dad on my way home as he was out jogging this evening). Thai food is one mile down the road. I am blessed indeed. Sappy me just got teary when I realized that I don't just feel blessed, I feel relieved. Peace happens when we stop trying to earn something that is already free.
I’ve been on a date or two, visited friends, gone to church, and frequented the studio, but mostly I spend any "downtime"
I have with Sophie. Roll your eyes all you want, but a lot of what I do is for her- she infuses my world with meaning and joy. She watches The Bachelor or Real Housewives of OC with me
while I paint my nails or read “To Hear a Nightingale” for the 50th
time. It has taken a month, but her and Tooty finally learned how to play together,
taking turns chasing one another throughout the house. It’s so much cuter to
watch than them barking and whining over one coveted toy. God is preparing me
for kids, I can tell.
There’s not much to report except for that fact that I can’t
wait to see everyone again and hope that you will be very patient with me. And
if I don’t call you back, you can always come to see me at Chili’s.

Comments
I jumped over and read your Modbee article and thought it was great. What's with the one comment? Sheesh. Some Modestonians need to leave some raving reviews!
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.