If She Gets Any Thinner, We'll Have to Call Her Simply "Mal."
My Mallory. She has joked for years that when we walk next to one another that we make the number "10," and I am allowed to smile at that because I am her sister. She has been the epitome of a confident beauty and has always ALWAYS had a take it or leave it attitude. She's always dressed faster than me. She gets places on time. She not only chooses amazing gifts for people, but she takes careful time to wrap them. I've been jealous of her for years.
It's been my fervent wish that everyone would know the same Mallory that I do. She told me this weekend that while many might have looked at her and thought "she needs gastric bypass," she's daily read medical charts of the all the nasty side effects and negative consequences of the procedure and vowed to never become one of its voluntary victims. She always knew that once she set her mind to it, that she would lose weight the hard way.
Discounting gastric bypass, Mallory met one of my friends, Victoria Popoff, who took one look at Mallory and said, "If you put in the work, it WILL come off. Are you ready?" Mallory, who started in December, eased in slowly, ramping up her workouts, then beginning a clean food diet, from which she has not cheated ONCE in 9 weeks. She told me this weekend "I've cheated for 27 years. No more." I've seen Mallory find her inner strength, peace, drive, and determination. It's exhilarating and infectious.
I think it's actually quite ironic ha-ha funny that I have been a serial dater, while she's dated only a couple of times, and we've both arrived at a similar crossroads in our journeys: single and strong. There is obviously something that we've both needed to learn before adding anyone else to the equation.
Some of the before photos shock me now. Here we are garage saleing in September 2009 (and the famous half-price muffins).
It's been my fervent wish that everyone would know the same Mallory that I do. She told me this weekend that while many might have looked at her and thought "she needs gastric bypass," she's daily read medical charts of the all the nasty side effects and negative consequences of the procedure and vowed to never become one of its voluntary victims. She always knew that once she set her mind to it, that she would lose weight the hard way.
Discounting gastric bypass, Mallory met one of my friends, Victoria Popoff, who took one look at Mallory and said, "If you put in the work, it WILL come off. Are you ready?" Mallory, who started in December, eased in slowly, ramping up her workouts, then beginning a clean food diet, from which she has not cheated ONCE in 9 weeks. She told me this weekend "I've cheated for 27 years. No more." I've seen Mallory find her inner strength, peace, drive, and determination. It's exhilarating and infectious.
I think it's actually quite ironic ha-ha funny that I have been a serial dater, while she's dated only a couple of times, and we've both arrived at a similar crossroads in our journeys: single and strong. There is obviously something that we've both needed to learn before adding anyone else to the equation.
Some of the before photos shock me now. Here we are garage saleing in September 2009 (and the famous half-price muffins).
But something snapped and she started running circles around me.
She's hanging around Studio V daily. Victoria owns this Studio and has mentored Mallory every step of the way. She's amazing.
The Before and the... Progess. She's still at it, working harder than ever! This before was at my graduation April 2009, and the progress photo was 2 weeks ago after the reveal of the 8-week bootcamp. Mal was working out before the 8-weeks started, but the moment she began the diet she began shrinking, now down 33 inches and 17.2 pounds. Her smile could have powered all the businesses of Downtown Modesto.
She cut me out of the photo, but I was there too. Hey look! We're the number 11!!!
I'm so freaking proud of you, Mallory!
Thank you for inspiring me and I can't wait for the next round of progress photos. See you tonight at the Studio!
Thank you for inspiring me and I can't wait for the next round of progress photos. See you tonight at the Studio!





Comments
Seriously?
So gross....
Stay tuned for the "After" pictures please =)
So proud of you, Love you, Aunt Bonnie
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.