Flying High

It's been a tough week on many different levels. All of my writing has gone to my freelance work and I feel as if I don't have any or many stories to tell you. Then Diana texted me today:

Here's my something: Idina Menzel in concert is in my top 3 of all time (#1, Alanis and #2 Straight No Chaser). I had 2 glasses of wine before the show in case it needed little spice and I will tell you what: it needed no extra pizazz. I've never gone from laughing to crying that quickly (was it the wine? perhaps...). Had I a laptop with me I could have written a 20-chapter novel, so many things were going through my mind. I embarrassed the heck out of Mallory, but I was sure that I was at a sing-a-long. Her voice is incredible. My voice was incredible as I pretended her voice was mine.

Sitting there I flashed back to my first ever live play, Wicked, in April 2007 with Kevin Friesen and his kids. I was emotional then as well, the live music resonating to my core. Tonight, she sang one of my favorites, "For Good," and I was astounded at how much time travel can take place when a song brings you to another place, another time... and all the memories in between that show you how you arrived here.

My favorite part was similar to this video taken at one of her concerts 3 days ago in Vancouver. In Modesto she went down into the audience to find participation singers and I was stunned at the amount of talent that Modesto had to offer. They beat every single one of these kids. If that video ever pops up, I'll be sure to post it.

Comments

Popular Posts