My Big Fat Friesen Reunion
Eagles Crest was absolutely gorgeous. The first night was an informal dinner with everyone who had arrived and that was when we had "walk-by" conversations. "Hey! You do have 5 kids- facebook was not kidding." "Whoa, you seem taller in person." and "Hi, I'll be your favorite cousin if you just give me 10 minutes and some oyster crackers." We found out that people were staying all over the place and you had to drive to most of the condos. That night it snowed pretty heavily and even I wouldn't chance it after my South Dakota driving practice. I should say-- Mallory refused to go with me. So in order to meet with cousins Kevin and Christine, I made Kevin pick me up to drive 2 miles where homemade goodies and hot chocolate (ok, wine) were close by while we watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and laughed all the way through it.
The next morning, the snow had left us an incredible view:
I finally finally got to see Cousin Alysun after 5 years. I hadn't met her youngest 3 kids *gulp*. We got to talk for a long time on Saturday night and we barely scratched the surface on catching up. Don't be deceived-- Social Media and blogs are not a substantial substitute for a relationship.
I'd like to pause here to show you this collection of photos. This one is right before dropping Sophie off at Cathy's.
This one is before church on Sunday.
This one is after picking up the little girl on Monday on the way home. Do you notice anything interesting? What I want to know is: how in the WORLD did Mallory always get the front seat??? Am I the older sister or am I not?
Ok, back to the story. While photos where being taken of all the different "generations" -- the original 9, the first cousins, the 2nd cousins, and the great-greats, we got a sister's photo with Katie and Sarah. (Mallory: We're number 1,111!)
The original 9.
Sisters.
The Sunday re-do, now in correct baby order and with Cheri!... But Peggy was away. Will we ever get it right?
The 1st cousin "baseball team" photo. Does this brown make my skin look tan?
Sunday morning we had family church service. And I mean we had CHURCH! Dedicated to Daniel and Margaret Friesen.
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." -Proverbs 22:6
The Friesens: 132 present and 30-something absent. Maybe I can add a gray shirt or two one day...
It was not enough time; I need more stories. Let's be purposeful about getting together more, ok? Thank you Aunt Marlene, Peggy, Cindy, and LaNea- the personal touches were incredible.
FFR 2015!










Comments
We're making notes on how to improve it for 2015- one being getting the condos closer together and closer to the River Run Lodge - where we'll hopefully have all of our "together" times!
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.