Versions of Love
My life these days haven't been full of anything interesting to write about. Well, that's what I thought until this weekend when my thinking shifted and I remembered that it was all about perspective. There has been so much happening in my new world but I haven't come out of my "getting-used-to-this-new-routine" coma quite yet. My new job has kept me quite focused and exhausted... and I love it. I feel productive and needed and personally very happy. The stories have started to emerge out of the fog in my brain.
My new white couch arrived a month ago. It was missing the back rest so I took this photo and sent it to the manufacturer.
For 3 weeks I was very upset that my couch wouldn't work right. The cushions were floppy.
Trying to figure out what was wrong, I thought maybe it was designed to put the cushions on top of the shortened back, but that couldn't be right because then it was painful to sit on unless I added a row of throw pillows. Still, I complained to Amazon that if I didn't get the right piece-- and soon-- I would be returning it.
Well, then they said my new piece was on it's way. It arrived a week later and it was... a new cushion. Not the piece I was needing.
After my 4th attempt to get someone to listen to me, Amazon called the manufacturer who opened the email that I had sent them weeks prior. They then sent me the following instructions:
1) Remove the back cushions
2) Flip up the back piece
*Gulp* Boy do I feel dumb.
Well, now I have the perfect couch. Sophie and I love it, and it's the foundation for our many, many naps. It's been a long decade of new jobs, dating, and moving. For once in as long as I can remember, I have everything I have every dreamed of. And now I get to sleep.
Sophie loves Davis. It's full of sunshine and dog parks. And we go allllllll the time.
I had to get reading glasses. Next up: dentures.
If you haven't already, please read Lesley's blog Are you lazy when it comes to money? Read it, then cut up your credit cards, pay all of your bills, and live on cash. Lesley's transparency is full of wisdom, and one day I hope to add to her points... but I'm too still deep into the lesson to see clearly.
Tommy with Cousin Morgan after a T-ball game this past Saturday.
|
Two weeks ago, my Diana had a baby. Jamieson Henry was early and came on 4/25. I got to spend a few hours with her on her first day home and I don't know if I will ever get tired of looking at this photo. I love them both so so much. Welcome to the world, kid. We've been waiting a long time for you.
I built a clock this last week. Well, I'd finished 3 since moving here, but this was my first order from start to finish at the new place. I had a good time doing it, but it's a whole different ballgame working full time and doing the clock business in my "free" time. I'm going to slow things down until I can figure how to streamline some more. Summer is coming and I want to make sure that I have enough time to enjoy the little things in life...
...Ok, who am I kidding?-- I want to make sure I have time to see my boyfriend. He's done an incredible job making sure that we get to see one another often; we've visited at least once a month since we met. I just love spending time with him and getting to hold his hand while going for a w-a-l-k (I'm not allowed to say that word freely around here).
I have a lot of fears when it comes to talking about my relationship with Brad. Up until now, I've been very transparent with my dating history: I've dated a lot and failed just as many times as I've tried. People have noticed and commented freely and their words hit their mark. Yet I held out hope that I would find someone who might love me unconditionally. Brad came along full of a love and adoration that has restored and redefined everything I thought I knew about relationships. He makes me want to be a better person and believes more in me than I believe in myself. We talk about everything and if I can get him to truly laugh, I can't even breath through my giggles. I have been terrified of losing him since the day I met him. There is nothing that I don't love about this man.
It was time to make sure you all knew how I felt about Brad because we just hit 6 months together in probably the best year of my life. All of my other relationships had failed by this "milestone." All of them. So I was essentially holding my breath, fearing that I came with an expiration date. However, Brad has surpassed all of my wildest expectations and I'm thankful for every moment that I get with him.
Being long distance, our relationship thrives through pictures. I send him sleeping dogs photos and this is what I get back:
I've been watching Call the Midwives on Netflix and this closing line really hit me, "There are not versions of love, only love. It has no equal and it is worth searching for, even if that search takes a lifetime."
My new white couch arrived a month ago. It was missing the back rest so I took this photo and sent it to the manufacturer.
Trying to figure out what was wrong, I thought maybe it was designed to put the cushions on top of the shortened back, but that couldn't be right because then it was painful to sit on unless I added a row of throw pillows. Still, I complained to Amazon that if I didn't get the right piece-- and soon-- I would be returning it.
Well, then they said my new piece was on it's way. It arrived a week later and it was... a new cushion. Not the piece I was needing.
After my 4th attempt to get someone to listen to me, Amazon called the manufacturer who opened the email that I had sent them weeks prior. They then sent me the following instructions:
1) Remove the back cushions
2) Flip up the back piece
*Gulp* Boy do I feel dumb.
Well, now I have the perfect couch. Sophie and I love it, and it's the foundation for our many, many naps. It's been a long decade of new jobs, dating, and moving. For once in as long as I can remember, I have everything I have every dreamed of. And now I get to sleep.
| Saturday morning snuggles |
Sophie loves Davis. It's full of sunshine and dog parks. And we go allllllll the time.
I had to get reading glasses. Next up: dentures.
If you haven't already, please read Lesley's blog Are you lazy when it comes to money? Read it, then cut up your credit cards, pay all of your bills, and live on cash. Lesley's transparency is full of wisdom, and one day I hope to add to her points... but I'm too still deep into the lesson to see clearly.
This relocation has been nothing short of amazing. The best part-- I am close enough to easily visit home. I mean, who could stay away from these guys for any significant length of time? Not-a Me-a! (to be said in your best Italian accent...)
Tommy with Cousin Morgan after a T-ball game this past Saturday.
|
Two weeks ago, my Diana had a baby. Jamieson Henry was early and came on 4/25. I got to spend a few hours with her on her first day home and I don't know if I will ever get tired of looking at this photo. I love them both so so much. Welcome to the world, kid. We've been waiting a long time for you.
I built a clock this last week. Well, I'd finished 3 since moving here, but this was my first order from start to finish at the new place. I had a good time doing it, but it's a whole different ballgame working full time and doing the clock business in my "free" time. I'm going to slow things down until I can figure how to streamline some more. Summer is coming and I want to make sure that I have enough time to enjoy the little things in life...
...Ok, who am I kidding?-- I want to make sure I have time to see my boyfriend. He's done an incredible job making sure that we get to see one another often; we've visited at least once a month since we met. I just love spending time with him and getting to hold his hand while going for a w-a-l-k (I'm not allowed to say that word freely around here).
I have a lot of fears when it comes to talking about my relationship with Brad. Up until now, I've been very transparent with my dating history: I've dated a lot and failed just as many times as I've tried. People have noticed and commented freely and their words hit their mark. Yet I held out hope that I would find someone who might love me unconditionally. Brad came along full of a love and adoration that has restored and redefined everything I thought I knew about relationships. He makes me want to be a better person and believes more in me than I believe in myself. We talk about everything and if I can get him to truly laugh, I can't even breath through my giggles. I have been terrified of losing him since the day I met him. There is nothing that I don't love about this man.
It was time to make sure you all knew how I felt about Brad because we just hit 6 months together in probably the best year of my life. All of my other relationships had failed by this "milestone." All of them. So I was essentially holding my breath, fearing that I came with an expiration date. However, Brad has surpassed all of my wildest expectations and I'm thankful for every moment that I get with him.
Being long distance, our relationship thrives through pictures. I send him sleeping dogs photos and this is what I get back:
| The week after his visit, he went to Atlanta, GA with his assistant coaches for the Final Four. Some of us had to stay home and work our new jobs.... |
| On Saturday his assistants graduated with their Masters. Now the search is on for a new assistant. Hey, I can write on a chalk board... |

Comments
Also! I just watched Call the Midwives last night too! I just have a few episodes left. So good. I think the actresses are all so adorable in their roles.
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.