Drive-By Posting

May Visit

I'm really thankful for Brad's teaching and basketball schedule that allows him to be more freed up when school is out. That means he gets to come and visit me this summer.

Date night at Bistro 33. We've also been to Katmandu, KetMoRee (twice), Thai Nakorn, Tuco's, Peasano's, Sudwerk's, Tommy J's (by far the best burger in town),and Crepeville. It's no wonder I diet as much as I do during our time apart.

We spent an evening in the park where Coach ran some volleyball drills.

One weekend we went to Santa Maria to visit his folks, his brother and family, and his aunt-- we had a wonderful time!

Brad's brother is as tall as he, but his nephew, Chris, is 6'9"! I've never felt so short in my life.

While I worked, Brad volunteered for domestic tasks, including replacing my kitchen faucet. I could have never, ever done this.

I won the logo contest at work for the staff picnic at work (#3). My second entry was 2nd place (#2).


June Conference

The first week of June, I had a conference in Oakland and Brad had a basketball camp in Hawaii. Let's take a look at the photos to see who had the better work week:

Transportation:
Private Plane


12-Passenger Van

Accommodations:
Beach House

Marriott


View from the room:
Sand, waves, cruise ships

Run down buildings, homeless people, fecal matter


Purpose:
Basketball

Booth

Ambiance:
Men rallied around Brad (including Laker Chris Duhon)

We had a rally too-- a protest rally

Alllllllllllooooooooohhhhhhhhaaaaaa!

I don't have any in-person photos. I had the stomach flu for 3 days. Brad wins.


Family

Tommy and Maura change daily. They are fun and funny and zany and the only thing they talk about when they talk to me is their love for Sophie. We have so much in common!

Mikey graduated high school and we celebrated in June. He's such a great guy-- I see amazing things for him.

Summer Vacay

Brad came back in June, where we got to spend one week and Davis and one week in Portland.

I loved Tennis night-- it was my first lesson in 100 degree weather and it was so much fun.

I caught Brad doing even more domestic duties. He had to get her clean for our trip to Oregon!

Astoria, OR was breathtaking. Instead of taking that lovely bridge and driving further, we opted to make a detour to Seaside on our way back to Portland.

The Astoria column: 25 stories high and seemingly harmless.

And then we got to the top. I was not comfortable.

Ahhhh, much better back on solid ground.

We got to visit with cousins Alysun and Jeff! Alysun is holding Baby Tommy and I am holding... well, you know.

While Alysun was grilling some of the best fajitas we've eaten, Emma (not pictured), Mandy, Remington, and Tommy were QUITE entertaining.

Tall cousins with our little ones.

4th of July paint project at Brad's house.



Can you spot a Full Circle Decor clock in the background?

The art we found to tie the new colors together. I'm still quite thrilled about this find.

The fireworks stressed Sophie out. She wouldn't sit still for about 2 hours-- and then she crashed.

Boating with Brad and his kids. We had a great time, but it had cooled down and by the end of the day so we wrapped ourselves up in the dry blankets we'd brought. You know, things are going well between all of us, but one thing I found amusing was the fact that I am a confident, successful, semi-talented, somewhat witty, and occasionally stylish woman, but none of that matter to teenagers when you are dating their father. I mean I am really uncool. However, they were very friendly to me and I told Brad that it's good to know that my mission field is specifically to three hearts in Portland, OR.


Dinner out on the town in Portland at 23Hoyt. It was an incredible meal and it capped off an extraordinary day.

Back in Sacramento for our last date together and Brad's birthday! Happy birthday, my dear man. You've changed my life for the better and for good. I love you.

Two New Clocks


Now in 6 states!

Comments

Aly sun said…
I was holding my breath... am I going to make it on the blog? Am I going to make it? Whew, that wasn't so bad. The rest of the pictures are quite entertaining too. So glad we got to see you and meet Brad. :)
Lesley said…
What a fun summer you've had so far! I'm jealous of Brad's Hawaii trip too but even MORE jealous of Melting Pot. That place is good.
You've had so many adventures this year! Thank you for a peek at your love and life!

Popular Posts