This is one time where I can honestly say where words can't do our
wedding day justice. There are so many pictures here that you can print
them off, put them in order, and flip through it like one of those kids' printed animation
books-- you can almost see the entire event unfold as it happened. It
was the happiest day of my life with so many moments to cherish and
memories made.
Our May 4, 2014 was not the beginning for Brad and I. It was a snapshot of ongoing love, restoration, laughter, and a celebration of promises made.
 |
| Coach shoes as a nod to my favorite Coach. |
 |
| Hey, why not have fun with it? |
 |
| Exfoliating our lips and very much looking forward to makeup. |
 |
| Phew. |
 |
| His reaction to seeing me belongs on a top ten list somewhere. |
 |
| Always entertaining. |
 |
| I read today about God's restoration: sometimes there is a famine and sometimes there is a vast harvest. Brad, Zach, Emily, and Megan and proof of the harvest in my life. What an abundance of life and joy indeed! |
 |
| Who looks at the bride and groom with these cuties around? |
 |
| They spelled both of our last names wrong. Both. |
 |
| I crack myself up. 50 points if you know where this is from. |
 |
| The Liquid Hotplates from UC Davis. Watch the videos to see why we consider them so special to us. They were so excited to sing for us that they were an hour early and gave Brad and I a private concert. Golden memories. |





 |
| Yes, his vows included Sophie. |
 |
| And, yes, my vows included a basketball metaphor or two. |
 |
"A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." Ecc. 4:12
|
 |
| "I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more, just to be the man who walks 1,000 miles to fall down at your door." |
 |
| I reiterate: ALWAYS entertaining. |
 |
| Our favorite photo. |
Let's party.
 |
| "And so it is, just like you said it would be..." |














You're going to want to watch this. They make my cheeks hurt from smiling.

 |
| Nope, I won't tell you what he said. |

| "May the saddest day of your future be
better than the happiest day of your past." -Shawna Dean |
|
|
 |
| "Di, don't look at me like that, and please stop your voice from cracking..." |
 |
| Surprise, Brad, I'm going to be singing to you. |
 |
| *I'll stop the world and melt with you.* |
 |
| My best first man. |


 |
| The Anniversary Dance Winners! (Married 51 years). |
 |
| Brad and the Barbarickettes? |
 |
| I would never hear it if Mal wasn't the one to catch the bouquet, so I hatched a plan. |
 |
| Remember this song in Zumba? Let's dance. |
 |
| Oh. My. Stars. What have I gotten myself into? |
 |
| Destined to disco. |
It was so perfectly imperfect (we couldn't find my car keys to make an actual exit) so we stayed longer to chat with those who came to lavish us in love and encouragement. Contrary to what other brides have said, I remember everything very clearly on that day, as fast as it seemed to move. I remember all who smiled, hugged, or rolled up their sleeves to help with last minute details. From the bottom of my heart: Thank you.
The wedding was merely of glimpse of the joy to come in my life with Brad Barbarick; the journey is already proving to be deeper, richer, and more gratifying than anything the Lord has ever called me to be a part of.
Bridesmaids:
Shawna Dean
Diana Sauer
Maid of Honor:
Mallory LaBarbera
Flower Girl:
Maura LaBarbera
Groomsmen:
Craig Moody
Gary Potts
Best Man:
Kevin Barbarick
Ring Bearer:
Tommy LaBarbera
Officiant:
Reverend Cousin Kevin Friesen
Wedding Venue: Arden Hills Resort Club and Spa
Wedding Dress: Mira Bridal Couture
Tuxes: Jim's Formal Wear
Bridesmaids Skirts: Old Country Tailor (custom)
Photographer: Looking Glass Photography
Videographer: Greg Fulks
Florist: Blooming Soiree
A Capella Singers: The Liquid Hotplates
Master of Ceremonies: Tod Pickett
Cake and Cake Pops: Carissa Lemos
Cake Pop Stand: Unkie Steve LaBarbera
Piano Player: Ethan Lin
Comments
Love,
Your Mama (Dianne)
PS you didn't list who provided security for the event.
Post a Comment
Sorry that I had to add a word verification to my site-- I have been getting too much spam. Thank you so much for your comments.